Telent carry out proactive monitoring of all network connected equipment, best practice preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance across the station’s assets. Our Management Integration and Control of Assets (MICA) system alongside SolarWinds and Telent’s proprietary Arbitex software, provide continual monitoring enabling us to meet strict SLAs and keep systems running for the 56 million passengers who pass through London Bridge each year.
Our dedicated delivery team based at London Bridge use our software solutions and industry expertise to enable us to meet and exceed strict contracted SLAs. We maintain 7000+ assets across systems comprising:
PA/VA Audio System
- A voice alarm / public address system providing audio broadcast to the station with broadsheet and zonal selection capabilities and all the associated loudspeakers.
- Interfaced to the station fire system to provide required alerts and alarms.
- Our maintenance is fully aligned to comply with Network Rail standard NR/L3/TEL/30170.We work with the maintainer of the Fire system to ensure the PAVA is fully compliant.
Electronic Access Control System (EACS)
- An access control system and associated Commend intercom system.
- A Video Management System with IP cameras at locations across the station. This includes the Station Control Room CCTV video wall.
Station Data Network
- A station-wide data network utilising both copper and fibre in a resilient network to enable effective integrated communications between systems and external connections.
- The system consists of copper and fibre cabling, IT switches, firewalls and patch panels.
- Node locations spread across the station contain between 2 and 4 stacked switches at key points around the station enabling easy IP connectivity for any existing / additional IP assets.
- Includes responsibility for the security and configuration control of all the managed switches. Supports the remote monitoring and management of IP connected assets.
MICA Station Management System
- A Telent developed, deployed, and maintained product which provides the Station Management Team with a “command and control system” to support the real time station’s operations, also integrates with the EACS, CCTV, SDN and PA/VA systems.
Acting as maintainer, we designed, developed, deployed and maintained various SISS assets introducing MICA to manage asset failures.
Deliverables and objectives achieved
Telent has exceeded SLA targets consistently since the inception of the contract.
Our collaborative approach and proven track record working at these key stations has made us a long-term partner of choice for Network Rail.
Our teams have worked round the clock with stakeholders to ensure this key station’s critical assets are maintained.
For example, Telent used its internal specialist PAVA experts to improve the audibility of the system in specific areas of the station after the completion of the London Bridge Station redevelopment project and the start of the maintenance agreement.
This resulted in reduced complaints from residents local to the station and clearer announcements, maintaining compliance of PAVA system.