Hello London, the media partnership between Transport for London (TfL) and Exterion Media, has launched DX3, London’s newest digital advertising channel with the support of telent’s technical expertise.
From February 2018, 60 digital displays will be installed across London’s underground network, exhibiting dynamic, full-motion content, which can be watched by customers when standing on station platforms.
The displays are 4.5m x 2.4m in size and will be located at 15 different tube stations within Zones 1 and 2, starting at some of the most popular stations including Liverpool Street, Piccadilly Circus, Holborn and Oxford Circus. DX3 enables advertisers to reach one of the world’s most diverse audiences, with millions of people using the London Underground each and every day.
The DX3 project acts as part of Hello London’s wider strategy, which looks at creative ways to increase revenue and enhance advertising, with significant investments from TfL.
Adrian Lovejoy, Exterion Media Service Delivery Director, explains: “Developing and launching London’s newest full-motion digital network across the London Underground has been a complex engineering challenge. Every station environment is unique and we’ve worked to exacting standards in partnership with NEC Display Solutions who have developed the technical projector design. Lovejoy continues: “Together with telent Technology Services, who have provided installation expertise, we have collectively delivered an industry leading visual experience.”
Steve Dalton, Managing Director, Transport, telent, comments: “telent are delighted to have been involved in such a dynamic project, redefining the experience of the London Underground for everyone who travels on it. We have an excellent working relationship with TfL, NEC and Exterion Media and the project was a great effort from all involved.”
For more information on DX3 please visit: www.exterionmedia.com/uk/our-products/digital-out-of-home-advertising/dx3-advertising
Dedicated to defining the ever-changing digital landscape, telent designs and delivers solutions and services that enable organisations to create, improve and maintain their mission critical communications networks.
Vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure and at the heart of many of the UK’s and Ireland’s best-known brands, telent operates within various industry sectors including Transport, Service Provider, Public Safety, Defence, Government/Public Services and Enterprise.
telent’s industry expertise and professionalism make the company a partner of choice for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution.
Clients include Transport for London, Network Rail, Highways England, BAE Systems, BT, Interoute, London Ambulance Service, Merseyside Fire & Rescue, RNLI, Maritime Coast Guard Agency, Metropolitan Police, Sky and Virgin Media.
Additional information can be found at www.telent.com Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Please contact Ellie Toyn at Zoodikers Consulting Ltd. email@example.com or telephone 44 (0)1892 520123
The launch stations for w/c 20th November are below:
• Camden Town
• Piccadilly Circus
• Oxford Circus
• Liverpool Street
From the beginning of February, the roll out of displays across multiple Zone 1 and 2 stations will be complete.
To find out more about advertising on DX3, visit: www.exterionmedia.com/uk/our-products/digital-out-of-home-advertising/dx3-advertising
About Hello London
• Transport for London (TfL) and Exterion Media created Hello London in October 2016, a commercial media partnership to excite and engage the growing London audience in innovative ways to meet the demands of an ever-changing media landscape and generate essential revenue for London’s transport network.
• This is the first time that TfL is providing the opportunity to advertise to one London audience across the TfL rail estate. This includes all of London Underground, London Overground, Tramlink, Docklands Light Railway, Victoria Coach Station and once it’s operational, the Elizabeth line – giving advertisers an opportunity to communicate with an audience of over 1.5 billion each year and generating £1.1bn for TfL over the next ten years.
• Hello London aims to change the entire industry, utilising data and technology to make a customer’s experience more tailored, relevant and contextual and an advertiser’s campaign more effective and lucrative.
• For more information, please visit Hello London
About Transport for London
• TfL owns Forty per cent of London’s outdoor advertising space, and 20 per cent of the UK’s outdoor space.
• TfL has redundant cross track projection screens at some of its stations, which will now be replaced when applicable by the new digital screens.
About Exterion Media
• Exterion Media is Europe’s largest privately held Out-of-Home advertising business. With operations in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, The Netherlands and Spain, Exterion Media works with a global portfolio of partners to engage and deliver audiences on a local and multi-country scale.
• Exterion Media is on a journey to becoming a Digital Media Company, powered by data. Engaging consumers on the move and using wide-ranging insight tools, it delivers valuable, relevant audiences to advertisers. Its diverse inventory formats and environments, both classic and digital, include transport (TfL estate, bus and rail), billboards, street furniture and retail.
• For more information, please visit www.exterionmedia.com/uk