Hewlett Packard Enterprise Synergy
The ever evolving nature of technology poses the issue of how enterprises can adapt to new platforms whilst continuing to support traditional platforms. The new technology for mobile devices, cloud services, social networks and big data analytics has been labelled the third platform, or the ‘Idea Economy’. To accommodate these changes a two-mode approach is needed: one that allows IT organisations to align the infrastructure around the needs of both traditional and Idea Economy applications.
Composable Infrastructure is a solution to this issue
HPE Synergy, the first platform built for Composable Infrastructure, offers an experience that empowers IT to create and deliver new value instantly and continuously. It is a single infrastructure that reduces operational complexity for traditional workloads and increases operational velocity for the new breed of applications and services. Through a single interface, HPE Synergy composes physical and virtual compute, storage, and fabric pools into any configuration for any application. As an extensible platform, it easily enables a broad range of applications and operational models such as virtualisation, hybrid cloud, and DevOps. With HPE Synergy, IT can become not just the internal service provider but the business partner to rapidly launch new applications that transform the business.
HPE Synergy consists of:
Fluid Resource Pools:
- Single infrastructure of disaggregated pools of compute, storage and fabric that boots-up ready for any workload.
- Physical, virtual and containers.
- Auto-intergrating of resource capacity.
- Template-driven workload composition
- Frictionless operations
- Single lined of code to abstract very element of infrastructure for full infrastructure programmability.
- Full infrastructure programmability.
- Bare metal interface for Infrastructure as a Service.
The benefits of using HPE Synergy:
- Time and cost are saved by deploying everything needed to run apps together at one time.
- Purchase all the IT together but in flexible ratios and sizes.
- Time and cost are saved by making all apps run on the same infrastructure.
- One infrastructure for all apps, infrastructure flexes to the app.
Operations and Maintenance:
- Time and cost are saved by automating every operation.
- Fully automated over mostly homogeneous fleet.