Our scale of operation across the UK is unique. We have a nationwide cable network field force that specialises in the deployment, repair and maintenance of fibre optic and copper cable infrastructure environments including “first mile” access and associated civils.
Health and Safety underpin everything we do. Working roadside, both on public and private land to deliver Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) is a truly safety-critical environment - we are fully accredited to work under the NRSWA and maintain a rigorous self-audit schedule. We are also accredited to work Trackside, delivering Rail Civils and Cabling.
We currently support the rollout of the delivery programme to provide superfast broadband to at least 90% of premises in the UK. Operating 365 days, 24 hours a day, our cable network services have been carefully developed over several years and we’re proud of the extremely high levels of performance and customer satisfaction we achieve.
Our teams are equipped with state-of-the-art fibre optic testing and splicing equipment. Each of our operational vehicles are tracked and managed centrally by the incident management and service delivery teams. This ensures you receive optimum service levels at all times.
- UK wide field force capability
- Large team of specialised Cable Engineers
- New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) Accreditation
- Fully equipped teams and vehicles
- Real-time vehicle tracking
- 24/7/365 Incident management
- Scale to deal with any size of event
- Project management and engineering
- Network design and architecture
- Survey and condition assessment
- Stringent QHSE Services and capabilities
Customer Reference: Openreach
We support Openreach’s network upgrade activity to provide new services to its subscribers across the UK, which means a huge volume of work. To carry this out smoothly and effectively, Openreach supplements its own in-house engineering resources with partners who are chosen for their ability to provide high-quality, reliable and responsive infrastructure services.