Antenna and Microwave
Competition throughout the wireless ecosystem fuels constant demand for new and cutting-edge support services that are more reliable, faster and efficient. At the forefront of mobile communications, we have become one of the UK’s leading installers of antenna and microwave systems, delivering wireless services to the multinational mobile network operator market.
Since 1995, when we first began installing and commissioning for global provider Orange, our customer portfolio has considerably expanded. Today, we embrace many leading telecommunications giants such as Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei, Vodafone and Arqiva, providing a broad range of innovative network and communications services, proven processes and robust systems.
This successful track record and breadth of experience brings our customers multitude advantage, not least the reassurance of our skills and up-to-the-minute capabilities. We have detailed knowledge of managed service partners systems and processes and established relationships with key stakeholders.
Our experience in installing, commissioning and testing Long Term Evolution (LTE) (4G) Base Transceiver Stations (BTS) and Antenna Systems has led to Vodafone recently engaging our team on their extensive 4G upgrade project. This included both 4G overlay and new S-RAN deployments.
Our track record of delivering, in conjunction with our service partners, high volume turnkey services and innovative logistics solutions embracing acquisition, design and build across all MNO and Wireless operators is unrivalled.
- Site Survey
- Acquisition, Design and Build
- Enabling Civils Works & Traffic Management
- Antenna alignment and testing using SPAA5 alignment tool
- Antenna system testing using Anritsu Sitemaster
- Antenna Installation, swap and upgrade works including
- Rigging and Commissioning of PCN antenna systems
- Rigging and Commissioning of Broadcast antenna systems
- Multi-vendor BTS/RBS Swap / Installation, Commissioning and Integration in 2/ 3G, 4G overlay and S-RAN environments
- Hot cutover and link migration
- Installation and Commissioning of Microwave Links – PDH, SDH, IP
- Installation of diplexers/combiners
- Installation of new feeder cables
- Link Planning and Line of Sight Surveys
- Microwave Link Installation testing and Commissioning
- Full and partial Site Decommissioning Services
- Proactive and Reactive Maintenance
Ericsson Vodafone 4G (LTE) Overlay Project
We have recently completed over 250 LTE upgrades for Ericsson, providing LTE services for Vodafone within central London.
The scope of this project included logistics, deployment of new Ericsson radio base station (RBS) equipment, swap out of existing antennas for new multi-band antennas, installation of diplexers/combiners and new feeder cables, Antenna alignment and system testing, PIM testing, RBS commissioning, integration and test calling.
Since 2012, we have been providing Nokia Solutions and Networks with Installation and Commissioning Services for Orange Special Event Deployment.
Providing to over 50 special event sites, our service includes Antenna System Rigging, Alignment and Testing, Microwave Link Installation and Commissioning and BTS commissioning and Integration.
Street works Microcell Swap Out
We are currently providing site enabling and rigging services for Nokia Solutions and Networks, enabling microcell sites for RAN refresh. The project includes approximately 150 street sites and involves Antenna Swap, Feeder Upgrade, UCU Installation, Civils Enabling Works and Traffic Management and Cabinet Swap-out.