Asset Condition Monitoring
Our Asset Condition Monitoring (ACM) system proved itself during the 2012 Olympics. Prior to the games starting we installed systems on a number of lifts on the underground network. This enabled LUL and their lift maintenance providers to predict and prevent any faults, delivering a 100% reliable service during the games.
Proving prevention is always more cost-effective than cure, and by using our ACM system to remotely monitor an asset’s critical components, we are able to provide early warning of issues and potential failures. The costs and delays associated with service disruption, maintenance and repairs are therefore reduced, providing savings and a system that pays for itself in a relatively short period of time.
The system allows you to check the status of each asset through red, amber and green traffic light style alerts, text alerts and simple web-based trends which advise on impending issues. The system’s web interface is tailored to your needs and is compatible with any web browser via PCs, tablets or smart phones. This allows you to see data live on the move as well as in the office.
By undertaking a comprehensive analysis of failure modes, our engineers design a system of hardware and software to collect data, interpret results, and predict maintenance requirements that can be reported back to you. We then install the system and work with you to ensure a smooth integration and handover.
The applications of our ACM system are potentially very broad pumps and fans, toilets, baggage handling, heating and ventilation are just a few examples.
- Knowledge and detailed understanding of communications infrastructure
- Cost effective management of communications and data flow from device to user
- Experienced project resource to manage, with the track record and capability to deliver the project in the anticipated timescale
- Decades of experience with remote monitoring of station assets
- Asset Data Integration – multiple asset data sources can be combined to provide users with a unified view. Condition data can also be linked to existing enterprise systems
- Open Communications – utilises the latest in open communications technology whilst simultaneously supporting legacy networks
- Rapid ROI – low installation and overall system costs allow for a quick return on investment
- Visual Simplicity – graphical and data elements are combined into easy to navigate web or mobile optimised user interface
Since its introduction prior to the 2012 Olympics our Asset Condition Monitoring System has been in use on 30 lifts across the London Underground network. The system paid for itself quickly and now offers further cost savings in the long term. Following on from this success, the system is now being further developed to monitor escalators, platform temperature and communications equipment rooms.