Vehicle Connectivity Services Data Sheet
telent installs connectivity equipment in emergency service vehicles to allow users to access the ESN. telent can test, recommend, procure, install and maintain all of the connectivity equipment that a customer’s fleet will require.
Maintaining safe and secure communications whilst travelling in vehicles is essential for today’s emergency service personnel. As we transition from the TETRA radio system to the ESN, telent is assisting Blue Light organisations by specifying and consistently installing new 4G LTE communications equipment in vehicle fleets. We also safely and securely decommission obsolete radios and work in partnership with our customers to provide ongoing vehicle communication equipment maintenance. This service is suitable for customers who need a one stop shop for all their Vehicle Connectivity equipment needs.
About Vehicle Connectivity Services
telent supplies vehicle connectivity services to the emergency services. By using the specialists at telent for your communications requirements, you can save valuable time and resources.
telent covers all areas of vehicle connectivity services, including supplying, procuring, installing, commissioning and maintaining. This means that you can leave the experts to handle your connectivity requirements, while you focus on your own emergency service work.
Vehicles within a fleet will be assessed to understand what equipment is required to ensure the right level of connectivity within a vehicle. telent, is vendor agnostic, which means it will work closely with customers to source the best equipment at competitive prices for installation within vehicles.
Each vehicle will have connectivity equipment installed to allow it to communicate across the ESN. For existing fleets, this will also include the decommissioning of existing Vehicle Radio Terminal Systems along with all necessary cosmetic repairs.
The Vehicle Connectivity installations are maintained by telent. This covers the testing of equipment and any necessary and relevant repairs to vehicles. Support is provided using asset management and tracking. Over the air software upgrades of devices is managed to maintain security requirements. Safe and secure decommissioning of obsolete kit is undertaken and recycle/disposal services are offered.
- Installation survey and design ensures that each vehicle has the right level of connectivity
- Deinstallation-reinstallation service - for customers with an existing vehicle fleet that needs to transition from the TETRA radio system to the ESN, telent will decommission each vehicle’s existing Vehicle Radio Terminal System and then install new connectivity equipment to allow communication across the ESN
- telent’s engineers are covered by the Federation of Communication’s industry code of practice for the installation of radio frequency equipment in motor vehicles (FCS1362:2016)
- All telent installers are fully audited and regularly trained on the latest technologies. Security-cleared and appropriately accredited engineers provide round-the- clock support
- Covert or semi-covert installations available
Vehicles with an appropriate antenna solution can be fitted with 4G LTE wireless routers to allow Wi-Fi equipped devices to access the internet. Ruggedised tablets and device accessories can also be installed to allow easy access to applications, data and connectivity whilst in a vehicle and allow engagement through speakers and multimedia systems (if applicable).
Benefits of telent installation
- An established provider of vehicle services - telent has a heritage of supporting emergency services as they transition to new technological infrastructures. It provided ‘connectivity services’ as customers moved from analogue to VHF, from VHF to TETRA and are now ready to support the transition from TETRA to ESN
- Expertise - telent offers guidance on all installations, advising on best practice, health and safety, electromagnetic compatibility observance and consistency of approach for all national installers. This means emergency services can concentrate on protecting the public, while telent provides their vehicle communications connectivity
- Vender agnostic - The Vehicle Connectivity Service allows customers to choose from all communication equipment manufacturers and provides the flexibility of choosing the most suitable antenna, installation style, switch placement and locations, along with the installation of inductive loop technology, in accordance with the recommendations outlined in the survey and design. telent will manage all interactions with third party equipment providers to make the process seamless
- National coverage - telent has nationwide coverage. This means that vehicles can be worked on efficiently, decreasing the amount of time they are out of active duty
- Cost effective - telent is driven by efficiency, understanding that value is about more than up-front costs, which is why telent innovates, automates and invests, to provide long- term returns
telent installs connectivity equipment in emergency service vehicles to allow users to access the ESN. telent can test, recommend, procure, install and maintain all of the connectivity equipment that a customer’s fleet will require. For existing vehicles in a fleet, telent can also remove the existing TETRA communication system to improve the efficiency of the process which means each vehicle has access to the most up-to-date technology and remains in service for the maximum amount of time. This service is suitable for customers who need a one stop shop for all their Vehicle Connectivity equipment needs.
To download a digital copy of this Data Sheet please click here.