Coverage Data Sheet
Coverage provides Blue Light organisations with the ability to dynamically monitor the 4G LTE ESN to highlight coverage or capacity issues quickly. This allows each organisation to fulfil its duty of care to staff and the general public.
The Emergency Services Network (ESN) 4G LTE network forms part of the nation’s Critical National Infrastructure, telent believes it is vital to test and verify the network that each emergency service relies on. This is why telent offers its Coverage service, monitoring all aspects of the ESN and providing alarms and alerts when any key quality indicators are breached. Should a breach occur, organisations are able to proactively put a response in place to maintain the safety of the general public and staff.
telent offers its Coverage service to Blue Light customers. This service will arm emergency service organisations with the data needed to know when it is safe to switch off the TETRA radio network and fully move to ESN. Once the ESN is being utilised, telent’s Coverage service will provide ongoing monitoring of network quality; including coverage, capacity (bandwidth), latency (delay), packet loss and reliability. This service allows the Emergency Services to proactively monitor and react quickly to possible service degradations before the SLA breach impacts end user experiences. This means that organisations can make informed decisions about how to safeguard staff in the field, ensure the ESN delivers in-line with contractual responsibilities and ultimately maintain an excellent level of service to the general public.
Coverage metrics will be proactively monitored by telent using a bespoke online portal. Reports will be shared with customers on a regular basis and key issues will be reported by exception. telent combines a rich range of data sources, from KPIs, to trouble tickets and maintenance, monitoring all aspects of the networks, alarming and alerting customers instantly if any coverage metrics have been breached. This means that emergency services can concentrate on protecting the public, while telent concentrates on monitoring connectivity.
The service works by deploying telent’s On-Device Agents and Plug-and-Play Testing Units on staff handsets and in vehicles. These applications take measurements about the network functionality as individuals move around as part of their usual job. All the testing solutions are fully autonomous, metrics are collected automatically to allow telent to analyse and present these back to customers.
- Constant network monitoring by telent’s trained and security cleared staff
- Access to telent’s Coverage web-based portal
- Escalation process to quickly flag coverage metric and SLA breaches
- Fast ‘Plug & Play’ test equipment deployment with no specialist training required
- Continuous stream of data, automatically processed and analysed, means the portal is always up-to-date and accessible for users
- A live 360° overview of staff experiences, which allows continuous monitoring of the network 24/7/365 in near real-time
- Highly scalable, allowing for internal and external testers
- Replicate staff behaviour to collect network performance statistics
- Mass-collection of real-world KPIs
- Remote management of test scripts to perform a wide variety of scenarios, such as: Web Browsing, Video Streaming and Voice Calls
- Automated data processing and reporting
- Field trials complement lab testing for new devices. This allows devices to be trialled with a range of vendor infrastructures based on GSMA TS11 specification and other relevant requirements
- Intelligent on device automation framework allows for effective testing under field conditions
Benefits of telent’s service
- ESN adoption – the Coverage service will ensure that the ESN is fit for purpose and has operationally suitable coverage. This will arm emergency service organisations with the data needed to know when it is safe to switch off the TETRA radio network and fully move to ESN
- Test and verify – telent will provide emergency service organisations with information about the state of the ESN communications network that staff rely on to maintain contact with the Control Room. This will allow the service to proactively request for upgrades to black spots and monitor repairs as problems arise
- Real-time stats – the continuous stream of data, which is automatically processed and analysed, means telent’s web-based portal is always up-to-date. This means emergency services can concentrate on protecting the public, while telent proactively monitors the Emergency Service Network infrastructure which staff rely on
- ESN landscape – the Coverage service will provide information to a Blue Light organisation to allow it to inform staff of areas of strength and weakness of the ESN across the geographic area that is covered. This means that precautions can be taken when staff are known to be going into an ‘uncontactable’ area
- Duty of care – telent’s automatic escalation of coverage metrics and SLA breaches means that network degradation can be quickly flagged and staff can be informed of the threat posed if they enter a newly formed ‘black spot’
telent offers its Coverage service to proactively ensure the ESN is consistently delivering and fulfilling the quality and service levels that are expected from it. This will help Blue Light organisations fulfil their duty of care to staff and ensure they are offering an exceptional level of service to the general public. telent provides this as a service so that emergency services can concentrate on protecting the public, while telent concentrates on monitoring the performance of the ESN. This service is suitable for customers who need a one stop shop for all their network coverage and monitoring needs.
To download a digital copy of this Data Sheet please click here.